(For girls’ house)
From September 2024
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true in all that we do as staff and for our students. We are a community that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation, inside and outside of the classroom.
Our unique holistic education is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination, which provide a framework to community life for our international student body. Our students come from over fifty different countries, with diverse academic backgrounds and a wide range of future aspirations.
With curricular programmes in both English and French, students graduate with an IB or Advanced Studies Diploma. Within this framework, small class sizes allow for a flexible programme and staff are encouraged and supported to bring new ideas to all that they do.
Our location in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon, offers an enviable lifestyle with access to skiing in the winter months and a multitude of outdoor and sporting activities throughout the year. Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva are all within easy reach for cultural adventures and inspiration.
The Beau Soleil campus is an inspiring place to work with facilities that are second to none. Our ongoing campus development and maintenance programme ensures that our students and staff thrive in an environment of which they can be rightly proud.
We are seeking a Housemistress for one of our girl houses to play a key part in our ongoing drive to raise the quality of everything we do. Together we ensure that our students enjoy an extraordinary holistic education within the exceptional alpine setting of Villars-sur-Ollon.
As the link between students, parents and the academic side of the school, you will lead the way in creating and maintaining a home from home family environment in which students feel secure and well supported throughout their time at Beau Soleil.
Working under the direction of the Director of Boarding, you will have responsibility for the all-round welfare and success of the young girls in your boarding house.
Working closely with your in-house team (Deputy Housemaster/Housemistress and Boarding Assistants) and liaising daily with tutors, academic leaders, health centre and the school leadership team, your support will enable the students in your boarding house to thrive and fulfil their potential in all areas of their life at Beau Soleil.
As a Housemistress, you will also teach a number of lessons and participation in other activities, as agreed with the Principal.
The following gives a guide to the main tasks and the scope of the role. These are not exhaustive and may vary where necessary to suit the skill set of the post holder and the needs of the school.
As Housemistress (of girls’ house)
- Take responsibility for the pastoral care of students in her house and their ability to flourish in all areas of school life
- Develop strong relationships within the house based on trust and respect
- Keep an overview of each individual student in the house, gathering and sharing information as appropriate
- Lead the in-house team and liaise with other staff regularly
- Build strong relationships with parents of students in the house, being pro-active in communication with them and ensuring that tutors do the same
- Build a duty rota to ensure that the house is staffed effectively through weekdays and the weekend, and manage the daily domestic routine of the house, including dealing with students who are unwell and liaising with the maintenance team
- Ensure that all students have opportunities for self development and taking on leadership roles as appropriate
- Play an active part in weekend activities
- Develop and share good practice based on skills and experience
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Teach up to 6 (50 minute) lessons per week as part of the school ‘s academic programme
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree level education
- Proficiency in French - of value
- Experience of working as part of a boarding team is expected.
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to build a team
- Collegiate and collaborative team player
- Willingness to take on multiple tasks
From 1st September 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 29th February 2024.
Successful short-listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or video call.
Collège Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. A police check is required prior to appointment.