starting August 1st 2023
Collège and Lycée Saint-Charles is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located in the Canton of Jura, in Switzerland. Our mission is to provide students with a high-quality education while developing the attributes of kindness, respect, and responsibility towards others and the environment. Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles follows the humanist and Christian values of caring for others and the environment, respecting cultures and individuals, and approaching the world with openness and positivity. Thus, the school aims to develop the same values in students and to support students in becoming responsible, global citizens who work to make the world a better place.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles is an authorized IB World school for the Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18) as for the Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16).
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles was founded in 1897. Since 2017, the school has completely renovated its buildings included three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with dedicated prep rooms.
As our Boarding house is growing, Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles seeks to appoint
a male Houseparent
the main function of this position is to be an adult active presence in the House and to be responsible for the safeguarding, welfare and security of students in their house and collaborate with the team under the supervision of the Head of boarding. Candidates are expected to participate fully in student welfare and the co-curricular programme of a busy boarding school.
Deadline for applications: until filled.
Saint-Charles is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will therefore need to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post.
The role of the house parent covers a variety of responsibilities including:
- General residential support
- Teaching and supervisory support, for example in drama, music, sport, field trips or another area of specialist interest and competence.
- Working as part of the wider House team
- Residential and administrative work in the House
- Weekday supervision in the school as needed
- Weekend duties on rotation
- Overnight supervision in the House as required
- Various boarding and school supervision duties as required
- Study hall supervision
- Assistance with the co-curricular programme
- Attendance at weekly training and support meetings as required
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required from time to time by the School.
Qualifications and training:
- SEL training – highly desirable
- Degree level education - highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team - highly desirable
- Experience of working in an educational setting of value
- Proficiency in French
- A specialised area of interest
- Prior 2 years residential experience - minimum
- Extensive experience and desire to work with teenagers
- A desire to contribute to and foster a positive school community
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European /Swiss international school environment
- EU citizenship or residency permit in Switzerland
Salaries and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Enhanced pension plan
- Housing by the school
- Subsidized lunches at school
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of them must be your current Head of Boarding. Referees will be contacted with your consent.
Interviews will be held online and/or face-to-face, as appropriate. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students on our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subjects to satisfactory and criminal record/background checks.