The Zurich International School is an independent day school in the Greater Zurich Area. We offer a well-rounded curriculum in English to around 1250 students from all over the world, aged 3 to 18 years.
Lower School Head of Bilingual Pathway
Start date 1 August 2023
This new position is designed to provide leadership in the ongoing development, documentation and evaluation of curriculum against adopted standards from Preschool to Grade 6 for Lehrplan 21, aligned with our international pathway. There will be an initial small teaching component, which will reduce as the Bilingual Pathway continues to grow. The role will require a close, collaborative partnership with the Lower School Curriculum Team and Lower School Principal. For details of the Bilingual Pathway, see https://www.zis.ch/bilingual
- Bilingual German and English: Fluent in speaking, reading and writing (CEFR C2)
- Knowledge of most recent research on Multilingualism/Bilingualism
- Qualified teacher
- A solid understanding and experience of curriculum development
Personal Attributes and Characteristics
- Forward looking, innovative and inspiring
- Knowledge and understanding of the unique development needs of Lower School language learners
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to relate well with students, faculty and parents
- Strong organisational skills and initiative
- Flexible and reflective
Roles and Responsibilities
In consultation with the Lower School Principal and LS Curriculum Team (CT), lead the Bilingual Pathway ensuring alignment with the ZIS International pathway and the ZIS overarching Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensure the ZIS Bilingual Pathway meets all the Lehrplan 21 authorization requirements
- Promote and enhance a collaborative school culture between the bilingual and international pathways
- Lead, facilitate, guide and monitor the work of the Bilingual faculty teams in development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the Preschool - Grade 6 written, taught and assessed curriculum.
- Facilitate development and implementation of assessment practices to align with the written and taught curriculum and current best research
- Oversee and coordinate professional development opportunities aligned with strategic goals, including partnership with external experts
- Ensure appropriate resourcing is in place to support the delivery of the program and its ongoing development
- In partnership with Director of Community Relations, actively promote the program both internally and externally
- Work closely with the Head of Admissions and LS Principal to establish and review clear guidelines and expectations for admitting new students
- Small, initial teaching responsibility within German or the Bilingual Pathway, reduced over time, as the Pathway grows.
Please apply directly to ZIS through www.zis.ch/one-zis-community/employment