We are looking for a specialist IB DP SEND teacher to support a student 1:1 from as soon as possible through to the end of June 2023.
Candidates should be highly experienced in the Diploma Programme and in supporting students who are neuro diverse. This teacher will particularly support one student, who has epilepsy and is neurodiverse, throughout the remainder of the Diploma programme, until the student graduates in June 2023.
The student is looking for support in organisation management, organising their thoughts and structuring responses as well as retrieval practice. The teacher working with this student will need to be able to build a positive and supportive relationship with this dedicated student. They will observe teaching and learning in the classroom and work with the student to support their learning in their study periods and also pre/post school as agreed with the student. This role also includes support on a Saturday morning (a half day will then be compensated during the week).
The successful candidate will be joining our diverse team of dedicated and experienced international school teachers at our age 3-18 school.
As a ‘small and mighty’ not-for-profit international school, we offer a supportive environment and are looking for teachers that are driven to contribute to our thriving community of 150 students and 38 staff. We are an inclusive school with a focus on academic excellence. In 2021, our mean average IB Diploma score was 36, the school’s best results. We are ranked in the top 10 IB schools in Switzerland.
We are currently half form entry (an average of 10 students per grade) and expect to grow to single form entry (an average of 20 students per grade) by 2030. We will open a new environmentally conscious school campus in 2023. Our teachers are making a significant contribution to the design and development of this project; and you could too! It is an exciting time to be at ISR.
We are looking for someone who
- is a qualified teacher with at least three years teaching experience (with qualified teacher status, or internationally recognized equivalent) with, as a minimum, a bachelor’s degree
- ● has significant experience and expertise in the IB Diploma Programme and SEND
- is flexible and willing to work collaboratively with the school, student and family, including working Saturday mornings
- promote a well organised, inspiring and learning environment
- offer enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive, empathetic approach to students, colleagues and the wider community
- is internationally-minded and committed to the IB philosophy and approach
- is comfortable integrating technology into teaching and learning
- is committed to constant improvement
- engage with and contribute to the full life of the school
We can offer you
- Happy, engaged, and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- A committed, hardworking, and supportive team in the school
- An excellent salary and package
- An opportunity to live and work in an area of outstanding beauty
- A professionally stimulating and supportive local and international community environment
- An opportunity to impact on the future design and development of our school
We are an internationally minded and inclusive school. We welcome applications from all backgrounds. We also welcome and support applicants with children.
More information about the school, our benefits and the job description can be found on our website www.isr.ch
Start Date: As soon as possible (latest April 2022)
At ISR we are committed to providing a safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both your country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.