The Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz is an international boarding school with a history stretching back over 120 years, located near St. Moritz in the heart of the scenic Engadin valley (Switzerland). 190 boarders from around the world and 110 local day students study at our school for the Swiss Matura, the International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP) and the International Career-Related Programme (IBCP). The school philosophy is founded on respect for tradition combined with innovative thinking and emphasizes values such as respect, openness, responsibility, engagement, inquiry, critical thinking, creativity and balance.
We are currently looking for two enthusiastic and caring full-time staff, who are passionate about sport, to support the provision of Games as
Gap-Year Games & Sports Assistants
Start date: February 2022 or upon availability
These positions would be suitable for a motivated person on a gap-year looking to develop professionally, gain inter-cultural experiences and contribute to a unique school community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all aspects of the provision of Games, Sports and co-curricular activities
- Leading and supporting safe, well-ordered and engaging sports activities
- Actively contributing to boarding activities in the evenings and at weekends
- Supporting all aspects of the running of the boarding house
- Providing pastoral guidance and support to students
The position will suit candidates who enjoy the challenge of working with bright and inquisitive international students, aged 13 – 19 (grades 7 to 12).
- Experience of coaching any of the following sports: Cricket, Fives, Volleyball, Rugby, Basketball, Hockey or Football
- High level of social competence and empathy
- Effective communicative skills and strong sense of responsibility
- Leadership qualities and ability to work in a team
- Attractive conditions of employment, including accommodation and meals
- A dynamic international context in the spectacular alpine setting of the Engadin
Due to work permit restrictions, candidates of EU/EFTA nationalities will be given preference.
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to thorough background checks.
We look forward to receiving your application using the online form on our Website: www.lyceum-alpinum.ch/jobs
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz
CH-7524 Zuoz / Switzerland
Tel. +41 81 851 30 00