Situated in Northeast Zurich, International School Zurich North opened in 1999 and joined the Cognita family of schools in 2019. We offer a fully rounded, academically stimulating education to children between the ages of 3-18.
We are currently looking for a full-time
Learning Assistant in KIGA
This is a great opportunity to work with children aged 5-6 from across the globe in a friendly team and in a well-resourced environment. ISZN is owned by Cognita, one of the world’s leading school groups, and is an accredited International Baccalaureate Organisation school.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently, with respect and consideration
- supervise and assist individual/small groups of pupils in activities set by teachers
- help pupils record work in an appropriate way and to develop study and organisational skills
- Support the use of technology to promote the student’s learning, including building knowledge of the relevant devices and software applications.
- support the teacher in developing good learning and organisational habits in each pupil by the application of consistent behaviour strategies
- attend formal and informal meetings with teachers to contribute to planning lessons/ activities
- prepare materials and resources
- assist with escorting pupils on educational visits and other non-classroom activities
- ensure the classroom is set up as required and that resources are organised and suitable for use
- assist pupils with their personal hygiene needs
- To comply with safeguarding policies, procedures and code of conduct
- To demonstrate a personal commitment to safeguarding and student/colleague wellbeing
- To ensure that any safeguarding concerns or incidents are reported appropriately in line with policy
- To engage in safeguarding training when required.
- A commitment to developing inquiring, knowledgeable, confident, and caring young people, and to empowering them to take ownership in their own learning
- A high level of English language proficiency
- A commitment to international-mindedness and the concepts of diversity, equality, and inclusion
The ability to speak German is not essential but would be advantageous.
We kindly wish to inform you that only candidates who complete the application form, which can be found here, will be considered.
ISZN is an inclusive community of students and educators and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you
worked in those countries)