The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
Teacher of English A (IB MYP and DP)
Full-time contract from 1 August 2022
For our Secondary School, we are seeking to employ an inspirational, dedicated and passionate individual to teach all secondary school year groups. The appointee would also be expected to be a homeroom teacher and contribute to the school’s service learning programme. Additionally, all full-time members of staff accompany students on two week-long residential field trips throughout the academic year.
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- A recognized teaching qualification (graduate or postgraduate level)
- The ability to teach English A in the International Baccalaureate (IB) MYP, and English A Language and Literature in the Diploma Programme
- High proficiency in English; the ability to also teach in French is an advantage
- The ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate students to learn
- An understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- The ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- A commitment to self-reflection and professional development
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit. To apply, please submit the following documents on APLi which can be accessed through our website:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates/ reference letters (if any)
Closing date: Friday 10 December
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.