from January to July 2022
Founded in 2015, Le Régent International School is a rapidly growing boarding and day school with an international academic programme. Just over 200 students from Switzerland and around the world are educated in a modern campus in the heart of the Valais Alps in Crans-Montana.
Le Régent is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring part-time English teacher from January 2022. Although the post is part-time (probably 40%) and theoretically temporary, it may well develop into more for the right candidate, especially one able to offer a second teaching subject.
Duties will principally involve teaching grade 8 and 9 (UK years 9 and 10) “mainstream” English (rather than EAL), preparing students for IGCSEs and ultimately the IB diploma.
On- or off-campus accommodation may be available.
- a first-language speaker of English with a good honours degree in English, probably from an English-speaking university
- a teaching qualification (PGCE or equivalent)
- relevant experience, ideally in an international setting, with children for whom English may or may not not be their first language
- the ability to teach English to KS3 and KS4 in Language and Literature, preferably with experience of the IGCSE syllabus and examinations
- Knowledge and experience of the IB English A Language and Literature syllabus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to work closely with staff, students and parents
- Knowledge and skills to integrate ICT within the English curriculum where appropriate
- a creative and enthusiastic approach both inside and outside the classroom with a willingness to play a full part in the day and boarding life of the College.
Obtaining work permits for non-EU candidates can be a difficult procedure and we may be obliged to appoint a candidate with an EU passport or a Swiss work permit.
Interested candidates should apply via the TES website.
Le Régent International School, Rue de Zier 4, CH-3963 Crans-Montana, Switzerland