Situated in Northeast Zurich, International School Zurich North opened in 1999 and joined the Cognita family of schools in 2019. We offer a fully rounded, academically stimulating education to children between the ages of 3-18.
We are currently looking for a full-time
Head of German (100%)
to ensure all students have access to a coherent and stimulating curriculum, supplemented by high quality teaching. Thereby enabling all students to make good progress in German language proficiency, regardless of their starting point.
- Co-ordinate the optimisation of a German curriculum which meets the needs of all learners.
- Establish priorities and targets for the German department, in line with the School Improvement Plan.
- Promote the value of German language learning to all school stakeholders.
- Represent the interests and needs of the German Department.
- Ensure students are provided with opportunities to supplement their German learning through the CCA programme and other extra-curricular activities.
- Monitor and support the work of teachers within the department, providing guidance and challenge as appropriate.
- Model appropriate behaviour in relation to personal professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience.
- Native or near native German language skills.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Confident, competent user of Educational Technology.
- A commitment to best practice and continuous improvement in Teaching and Learning.
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Valid Swiss work permit.
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Experience in an international school environment.
- Knowledge and experience of the PYP and the English National Curriculum.
- Experience of teaching across Primary and Secondary age groups.
- Experience of managing a team of individuals.
Starting date: immediately or according to agreement.
We kindly wish to inform you that only candidates who complete the application form, which can be found here, will be considered.
ISZN is an inclusive community of students and educators and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment
background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for regulated activity (if the candidate has lived in the UK) and/or
criminal/police or equivalent background checks for all other countries inhabited (irrespective of whether you worked in those countries).