The Institut International de Lancy (IIL) is looking to appoint dynamic and enthusiastic educators to join the flourishing English Secondary Section.
We are currently looking for a highly experienced and qualified:
Key Stage 3 Science Teacher
Institut International de Lancy is a private international school located in Geneva, Switzerland. Founded in 1903, we welcome pupils from over 95 nationalities and of all faiths, between the ages of 3 to 19. Within our multicultural and caring environment, the Institute offers a values based, academically demanding education adapted for the 21st century. Divided into three sections - English, French and a Bilingual primary school - we prepare our students for certification including the Brevet des Collèges, French Baccalaureate, Cambridge IGCSE, the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the Swiss Maturité. Our graduates achieve excellent examination results and are accepted into the most prestigious universities around the world. https://www.iil.ch/en/
Qualifications and required skills
- Recognised teaching qualifications (eg. PGCE) and significant experience teaching secondary school pupils;
- Capable of teaching Science to Key Stage 3 level;
- International teaching experience in a multicultural environment;
- A native English speaker, with a working knowledge of French;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good IT skills and a demonstrated interest for educational technologies;
- Ability and willingness to work as a team within and across disciplines.
Type of contract Fixed-term contract: 23 August 2021 – 31 August 2022 (the first three months being considered as a trial period) renewable as an open-ended contract.
Rate of employment From 20 periods per week, possibly more depending on other subject specialisations
Start date 23 August 2021
Documents required to apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Copy of diplomas
- Work certificates
Documents to be provided at time of employment
Swiss or European passport or valid work permit
Extracts of criminal record (standard and special)
23 June 2021
Due to Swiss work permit regulations, only Swiss/EU passport holders or those with a valid Swiss work permit can be considered.