Founded in 2008, La Côte International School is a co-educational, English language based, day school that welcomes nearly 500 students between 2 and 18 years old. Nestled between the vineyards and fruit orchards of Aubonne, Switzerland, La Côte International School (“LCIS”) is within easy commuting distance from Geneva and Lausanne.
La Côte International School’s international educational offer is built on the English National Curriculum in the early & primary years and the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes in the secondary section, as well as a bilingual Swiss Maturité option from age 10. La Côte International School is looking for an experienced teacher to join its team.
Teacher of Biology
100% – 1 year contract – August 2021
- Deliver the teaching and learning of biology throughout the secondary school effectively
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and review of MYP/IGCSE/DP Biology programmes
- Liaise with the curriculum leaders to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Promote the health and safety of assigned classes
- Participate in professional development and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- Contribute to a programme of trips, excursions, fieldtrips and extracurricular activities
- Enhance the professional standing of the teaching body
- Contribute to the development of a positive attitude between Science and the wider community through cooperative relations, publications, competitions etc.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters in Biology and/or Qualified teacher status
- The ability to teach two sciences at IGCSE and/or DP would be an advantage
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching with at least three years’ experience, ideally in an international environment
- Knowledge and proven experience of teaching Biology at IB Diploma and IGCSE level
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- Be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
If you share our passion for education and would like to join our team, please apply directly online through our website.