The International School of Berne (ISBerne) has the following opening for the 2020/2021 school year:
IB PYP Coordinator
starting August 2021
ISBerne is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located close to the Swiss Capital Berne. ISBerne aims for all students to be reflective and responsible life-long learners who are active global citizens. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and advocates a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISBerne is an authorized IB World school, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
The International School of Berne was founded in October 1961. In April 2017, the school moved to a modern and spacious purpose-built campus which includes three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with a dedicated prep room, a big central library, subject dedicated classrooms and a large double gym.
ISBerne currently has an enrollment of 300 students representing around 50 nationalities, with over 60 dedicated faculty and administration staff.
ISBerne seeks to appoint a PYP Coordinator who will join our Pedagogical Leadership Team. Applicants should have strong leadership skills, with a passion for IB philosophy and pedagogy. Applicants must have experience as a PYP Homeroom teacher and / or in teaching a specific subject to PYP students. Applicants should be excited by the challenge of leading curriculum development.
The successful applicant will be an accomplished leader with experience, enthusiasm and a passion for learning and teaching which will inspire our students and teachers.
- A desire to contribute to and foster a positive IB learning community
- Minimum of five years pedagogical leadership experience
- Outstanding classroom practitioner
- Minimum of five years of IB PYP teaching experience
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European international school environment
- EAL experience
- EU Passport
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits
- Open ended contract
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at the school cafeteria
- Moving/settling in allowance
- Visa fees paid
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of which must be your current Head of School (referees will be contacted with your consent)
Interviews will be held virtually.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record/background checks.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.