The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Secondary School we are seeking to employe an inspirational
Teacher of English at 60%-70% (IB MYP and IB Diploma)
Temporary one-year contract from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- Ability to teach English in the IB MYP and IB Diploma Programme
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes
- A recognized teaching qualification at graduate or postgraduate level
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; a work experience in an international environment is a strong asset
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
Due to work permit limitations, only Swiss citizen or candidates holding a Swiss work permit will be considered for this specific position.
To apply, please submit the following documents on APLi which can be accessed through our website:
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- copies of diplomas
- copies of work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Closing date: Friday 23 April
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.