The International School of Berne (ISBerne) has the following opening starting from August 2021:
ELC Teaching Assistant – part time
The ELC Teaching Assistant will work closely with and under the guidance of the ELC homeroom teacher.
- Contribute to an engaging and stimulating classroom environment
- Be attentive to the needs of each individual student
- Adhere to all health, safety, child protection and safeguarding policies and protocols
- Collaborate closely with the ELC homeroom teacher and the Early Years team
- Engage in learning activities with individual students as well as with groups of students
- Support learning activities as indicated by the homeroom teacher
- Attend and support specialist subjects’ lessons, as required
- Support students’ English language learning and / or learning support needs
- Support students’ physical needs, as required
- Prepare the classroom and the resources for learning activities
- Maintain order in the classroom environment
- Supervise breaktimes and lunchtimes, as required
ISBerne is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located close to the Swiss Capital Berne. ISBerne aims for all students to be reflective and responsible life-long learners who are active and responsible global citizens. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and advocates a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISBerne currently has an enrolment of 300 students representing around 50 nationalities, with over 60 dedicated faculty and administration staff.
ISBerne is an authorized IB World school, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
Qualifications and skills required
- Previous experience working with young children aged 3 to 5
- Ability to work independently
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative and supportive
- Adaptability, flexibility and initiative
- Fluency in English (knowledge of German an advantage)
- Swiss nationality or valid work permit
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at the school cafeteria
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of which must be your current Head of School, if applicable (referees will be contacted with your consent)
Interviews will be held virtually due to the pandemic.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record/background checks.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.