Full time – start date to be determined
International School of Berne is a dynamic, friendly and well-established school located in the immediate proximity of the Swiss capital of Berne. ISBerne aims for all students to be reflective and responsible life-long learners who are active and responsible global citizens.
The school offers the International Baccalaureate programme to its students aged 3-18 and forms part of Pansophic Learning, an international school management company with schools around the world. We are located on a brand-new campus and have a lively, multicultural school community representing over 50 nationalities.
As a relatively small school of around 300 students, we are looking to grow our enrolment and raise our profile both nationally and internationally.
In your new position, you will ensure ISBerne is seen as the school of choice; an easily accessible option for families new to the area and for those who have had their children in other schools previously.
- Work with the Director and Business Manager to increase enrolment and raise the profile of ISBerne
- Develop, execute and regularly monitor an annual marketing, retention and admissions plan in line with the school’s development plan
- Provide quarterly reports to the school board
- Develop, adapt and drive strategies to boost visibility and increase lead generation and lead conversion through digital, referral and other integrated campaigns
- Nurture leads through the customer journey and maintain a lead database from which to promote current and future opportunities
- Maintain accurate data in the school information system on a daily basis & work with the Pansophic Learning Marketing Team to establish enrolment goals, accurate forecasting and regular reporting of the enrolment funnel (which enables ISBerne Leadership to make responsible decisions during annual planning)
- Provide excellent customer service support to parents and students throughout the admissions process and deliver an outstanding Family Experience;
- Expand and develop new referral programmes with embassies, business relocation agents, education agents and other organizations for the purpose of generating leads
- Organise and assist in hosting business & admissions events within the school campus and outside for profile raising and accessibility to the local and regional community
- Manage the school’s website and produce content for ISBerne’s social media presence
- Develop marketing literature including a school brochure
- Seek opportunities for the school to contribute content to magazines, journals and other relevant publications for public relations
- Provide appropriate support, expertise and best practice sharing to the Senior Leadership Team and other staff at the school, to support high quality marketing and admissions practice
- Continuously review school enrolment data to identify opportunities and risks and develop plans to unlock and mitigate
- Produce annual reports on competitors including fees, student numbers and academic provisions
- Produce termly reports on activity, results and expenditure in order to monitor effective use of funds
- Oversee the implementation of the school brand style guide to ensure consistency and quality of positioning and visual identity
Profile and Skills
The successful candidate will have the following attributes
- Proactivity, Tenacity, Accountability, Team Player, Cultural Sensitivity, Strategic Reasoning and Advanced Analytical skills
Moreover, the candidate will have the following background and skills
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in marketing and digital communication
- 5+ years’ experience in growing/increasing sales in a competitive market
- Education sector experience
- In-depth knowledge of digital and social media trends and tools as well as copywriting
- Understanding of and ability to build strong customer advocacy and repeat client loyalty and retention
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Affinity to collaborate with all levels within the organisation
- It will be essential for the post holder to be fluent in English in oral and written form. Knowledge of German will be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of region and market a bonus
- Right to work in Switzerland
Salaries and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at the school cafeteria
To apply, please send a single pdf document including the following materials:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV
- Copy of Passport & Swiss work permit or Swiss ID
- Contact details of three professional referees who have line-managed you, one of which should be your current or most recent employer
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record/background checks.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.