starting August 2021
Collège and Lycée Saint-Charles is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located in the Canton of Jura.
Our mission is to provide students with a high-quality education while developing the attributes of kindness, respect, and responsibility towards others and the environment.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles follows the humanist and Christian values of caring for others and the environment, respecting cultures and individuals, and approaching the world with openness and positivity. Thus, the school aims to develop the same values in students and to support students in becoming responsible, global citizens who work to make the world a better place.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles is an authorized IB World school for the Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18), candidate school for the Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16).
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles was founded in 1897. Since 2017, the school has completely renovated its buildings included three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with dedicated prep rooms.
Collège et Lycée Saint-Charles seeks to appoint a teacher of MYP and DP English literature with prior experience in each of the IB programmes. Applicants should be excited by the challenge of contributing to curriculum development. The successful applicant will be an accomplished teacher with experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students. S/he will also understand the importance of being part of a department team and the wider faculty.
- A desire to contribute to and foster a positive IB learning community
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Outstanding classroom practitioner and experience with external exam preparation
- Minimum of two years of MYP and DP experience
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Ability to work as a team member with a department and in an interdisciplinary team
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European /Swiss international school environment
- EU or UK citizenship
Salaries and Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open ended contract
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at school
Please submit the following
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of them must be your current Head of School. Referees will be contacted with your consent.
Interviews will be held by Skype and/or face-to-face, as appropriate. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students on our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subjects to satisfactory and criminal record/background checks.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.