The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading non-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School set in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 members of staff on its campus where we welcome approximately 950 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
For our Secondary School, we are seeking to employ an inspirational
Science Laboratory Technician at 40%
Maternity leave replacement from 1 April 2021 to 31 December 2021
- Support Science Teachers with the preparation of practical lessons
- Prepare solutions and equipment according to teaching staff requests
- Maintain an efficient system for the use, the cleaning and the allocation of material and equipment
- Provide advice in safety matters and good use of technical equipment and chemicals
- Maintain an inventory of equipment; source and assist with ordering of equipment and chemicals
- Maintain a safe and efficient storage system for products in accordance with international good practices
- Maintain functionality of lab fittings (e.g. sinks, electricity, extractor hoods)
- Trial practical activities, modify equipment and perform demonstrations if requested
- Advise on ethical practices within the science department
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- A recognised Science qualification at graduate or postgraduate level
- Ideally three years of successful experience in a similar role
- A background in practical science, ideally in a school setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support the organisation
- Good level in English (C1 minimum); French is an advantage
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and the ISL Code of Behaviour.
Due to work permit limitations, only Swiss citizen or candidates holding a work permit will be considered for this specific position.
To apply, please submit the following documents on APLi which can be accessed through our website: https://www.isl.ch/job/science-laboratory-technician-at-40-2/
- cover letter
- CV/ résumé
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)
Closing date: 5 March 2021
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.