Dates: Job start August 2021
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: permanent
The International School of Schaffhausen is a well established school in the Zurich north area, Switzerland. We are an IB-World School authorized for the PYP, MYP and Diploma Programme.
We are seeking qualified and experienced PYP Coordinator with leadership experience who is a team player.
At ISSH we aim to make every day of learning as meaningful, inspirational and challenging as possible. We value the academic and social development of our students in equal measure and actively maintain a curriculum and culture that supports this. At ISSH we follow the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP), a curriculum framework specially designed for children who attend international schools and who may later transition back to a national system.
The PYP takes a holistic approach in developing the whole child, nurturing hearts as well as minds and addressing social, physical, emotional and cultural needs in addition to academic development.
ISSH is at the heart of the international community in Schaffhausen.
More information about the school can be found at www.issh.ch
We are looking for a highly experienced and skilled PYP Coordinator who is well aware of the needs of students from diverse backgrounds and is comfortable working closely with both colleagues and students’ families. You must be a reflective practitioner, always aiming to improve and develop your teaching practice. Fluency in German would be a benefit, but it is not essential.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively with teams across the Primary School.
- Provides pedagogical leadership and support based on best professional practices
- Contributes to the development of orientation and support programs for new and returning teachers
- Work closely with the Principal to support all elements of the Early Years-G5 curriculum.
Curriculum, Planning and Preparation
- Develops and supervises implementation of the IB PYP curriculum
- Ensures effective and timely documentation of the curriculum
- Publishes the school’s programme of inquiry
- Leads the development and annual vertical and horizontal review of the school’s POI
- Is familiar with and promotes understanding and use of all PYP documents to faculty and the school community
- Leads the process of developing or reviewing the school’s scope and sequence documents
- Guides the school through the evaluation process
- Participates in the facilitation of vertical articulation of the curriculum in collaboration with MYP and DP Coordinators
Instruction and Assessment
- Establishes a schedule of regular meetings with teachers including specialist teachers to discuss best practices and implementation of the PYP
- Supports teachers to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum in the classrooms
- Supervises the development and implementation of assessment practices
- Monitors assessment practices and procedures to ensure a balanced approach
- Provides staff with ongoing feedback regarding teaching and learning
- Facilitates the preparation and submission of documents required for PYP evaluation
- Holds workshops to support parents toward deeper understanding of the programme, inquiry, assessment, etc.
- Promotes positive communication at all levels in the school community
- Team Player
- Growth Mindset
- Strong Collaborator
- Outstanding Interpersonal Skills
- Sense of Humor
Undertake other responsibilities and duties as required by the School Principal.
ISSH salaries are competitive for the area and Switzerland is a highly desirable place to live, at the centre of Europe with an extremely good standard of living.
If you are interested in a position, please send a CV with at least 2 contactable referees and a detailed letter of application. Due to the expected high volume of applications, we will only reply to applicants who will be asked for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mr Liam Lacey
International School of Schaffhausen, Mühlentalstrasse 280, 8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland, www.issh.ch
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.