Founded in 2008, La Côte International School is a co-educational, English language based, day school that welcomes over 550 students between 2 and 18 years old. Nestled between the vineyards and fruit orchards of Aubonne, Switzerland, La Côte International School (“LCIS”) is within easy commuting distance from Geneva and Lausanne.
La Côte International School’s international educational offer is built on the English National Curriculum in the early & primary years and the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes in the secondary section, as well as a bilingual Swiss Maturité option from age 10.
La Côte International School is looking for an experienced teacher to join its team:
Secondary English Teacher
Fixed term replacement, start date to be defined until December 2021
- Collaborate in the design, development and implementation of the English A programme;
- Deliver the teaching and learning of English throughout the secondary school effectively;
- Maintain assessment systems, reporting and record-keeping systems for students;
- Administer rewards, sanctions and safety policies and procedures relating to students;
- Contribute to a programme of trips, excursions, fieldtrips and extracurricular activities;
- Enhance the professional standing of the teaching body.
- Develop interdisciplinary links between their subject area and other subjects
Qualifications and skills :
- Masters in English language or Qualified Teacher Status ;
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching with at least three years’ experience, ideally in an international environment
- Knowledge and proven experience of teaching English at IB Diploma and MYP level;
- Excellent communication skills and team player;
- Native English speaker;
- Swiss nationality or valid work permit.
If you share our passion for Education and would like to join our teams please apply directly online through our website.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.