From September 2024
At Beau Soleil, we believe it’s what you do that counts. This philosophy holds true in all that we do as staff and for our students. We are a community that believes in the power of action, engagement and participation, inside and outside of the classroom.
Our unique holistic education is built around four core values: Respect, Responsibility, Ambition and Determination, which provide a framework to community life for our international student body. Our students come from over fifty different countries, with diverse academic backgrounds and a wide range of future aspirations.
With curricular programmes in both English and French, students graduate with an IB or Advanced Studies Diploma. Within this framework, small class sizes allow for a flexible programme and staff are encouraged and supported to bring new ideas to all that they do.
Our location in the heart of Villars-sur-Ollon, offers an enviable lifestyle with access to skiing in the winter months and a multitude of outdoor and sporting activities throughout the year. Montreux, Lausanne and Geneva are all within easy reach for cultural adventures and inspiration.
The Beau Soleil campus is an inspiring place to work with facilities that are second to none. Our ongoing campus development and maintenance programme ensures that our students and staff thrive in an environment of which they can be rightly proud.
Are you a visionary education leader with a flair for innovation? Join us at Collège Alpin Beau Soleil, an institution committed to redefining the educational landscape.
We are seeking an exceptional Director of Studies to serve as the architect of our educational evolution. In this pivotal role, you will be at the forefront of shaping a cutting-edge curriculum, implementing pedagogical advancements, and fostering an environment that nurtures intellectual curiosity.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of middle or senior leadership in educational institutions, demonstrating a keen understanding of emerging trends in education, technology integration, and student-centred learning.
If you are passionate about inspiring both educators and learners, and enjoy the challenge of leading innovative educational initiatives, we invite you to add your strengths to our dynamic team. Your expertise will help cultivate an environment in which our students can thrive and excel.
Together, let’s create an educational experience that transcends borders and prepares students to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Working together with the Principal and Vice Principals, the role will focus on the following:
- Direct the development of strategy and good practice in teaching, learning and curriculum development
- Monitor the quality of the academic departments to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality teaching and learning
- Inspire and manage the Faculty Leaders
- Oversee the reporting and assessment within the school
- Ensure we are data driven
- Plan staffing of academic departments to ensure an effective delivery of the curriculum including timetabling
- Lead appropriate teams and groups, adhoc or standing, and direct their work in driving forward the development of strategy and good practice in teaching, learning and curriculum development
- Oversee the management of the SEN, EAL and enrichment provision within the school
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of new teaching staff
- MYP Coordinator
- Oversee day to day running of the academic programme including cover
- Oversee University Counselling
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree and teaching qualification
- Experience of middle or senior leadership
- A person who believes education is delivered through kindness and support
- An outstanding educationalist capable of ensuring that the nature of top-quality teaching and learning is understood by all and delivered through the school
- An excellent teacher who would inspire the whole staff and exemplify Beau Soleil’s strategic academic goals
- A skilled communicator who would be able to convey to pupils, teachers and parents the school’s commitment to high expectations
- A positive and constructive senior team player who would add to the Senior Leadership Team and take on responsibility for the whole management of the school when necessary
- An individual with a strong knowledge of and willingness to follow curriculum developments and to use this to inform strategic thinking about the curriculum within the school
- A person possessing high order management and administrative skills
- A person who embraces IT as an agent for good and will evangelise its use
From 1st September 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be made via Beau Soleil recruitment website at www.beausoleil.ch/en/about-us/employment-opportunities and should contain a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 29th February 2024.
Successful short-listed candidates will be contacted straight away with initial discussions conducted remotely by telephone or video call.
Collège Alpin Beau Soleil is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. A police check is required prior to appointment.