The International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH, www.issh.ch) is a well-established IB World School located in the green outskirts of Schaffhausen. ISSH is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school, including a bilingual Childcare and an Early Learning Centre. It operates as part of a Foundation governed by a Board of Trustees. ISSH currently has an enrolment of 300 students, ages 0-19, representing 38 nationalities and a teaching, administrative and support staff of about 85. The main language of communication is English.
Responsible to Head of School
Member of Senior Leadership Team
Pensum 80% - 100%
Starting Date: from January 2024
- To be responsible for strategic planning in relation to the business and support services of ISSH including all financial implications.
- To be responsible for administrative, budgeting and analysis aspects of financial management, for personnel administration, facility management and Business Development.
- To collaborate closely with and to advise the Head of School in the decision-making process of non-school-related matters
- As a member of the Leadership Team to be responsible for: creating and delivering a shared corporate strategic vision; improving organisational structures, functions, processes and procedures and maintaining compliance in financial and safety aspects; building and sustaining effective relationships and communications strategies; working with the community and other services to improve the outcomes and well being of students.
Terms and conditions
We offer a challenging and multifaceted position in a vibrant, truly international, development-oriented, friendly and caring environment including a remuneration package that meets the standards of the market.
Starting Date: from January 2024
Applications should be sent to: Ebru Güver, Head of School,
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews in October and November.
Your application must include a CV, a motivation letter, a recent photograph and reference letters.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
Minimum 3 - 5 years business management and finance controlling,including budgeting, reporting, evaluations and analysis
HR Administration experience
Minimum 3 - 5 years supervisory experience, including a departmental leadership role
Bilingual - German and English
- Desired (differentiators):
Business Development experience
School environment experience
General administration, facilities management or building projects experience
- Charismatic and visible leader who is able to use appropriate leadership styles in different situations
- Ability to deal sensitively with people and resolve conflict
- High level of organizational and negotiating skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Finance and Business
- To implement the financial decisions of the Board and Foundation Boards and the Head of School.
- To advise the Boards and the Head of School on investment, financial and other internal control policies.
- In conjunction with the Head of School, create, monitor and control the annual budget.
- Prepare financial analysis as required/ requested.
Human Resources Management
- To be responsible for general personnel matters, including recruitment administration, visa requirements, pre-employment checks, health and safety and child protection issues.
- To provide leadership and guidance for office and maintenance staff, including direct line management responsibility.
- To share responsibility with the Head of School and Facility Manager for the maintenance of ISSH facilities, the preparation of maintenance schedules and the efficient operation of all facilities.
- To lead the evaluation, planning, obtaining of necessary Senior Leadership Team and Board(s) approvals and implementation of new capital and refurbishment projects on site.
Whole School Administration
- To manage the administrative functions including the reception desk
- To manage administrative aspects of student/family visits and onboarding, including contracts and school fee collections, credits to parents as required, and bad debt collections.
- Direct line management of support staff (Finance, Facility, Reception).
- To provide for the preparation and production of all school records and publications.
- To liaise with local businesses, arranging vocational experience and joint projects.
International School of Schaffhausen | Mühlentalstrasse 280 | 8200 Schaffhausen