La Cote International School (LCIS) is a school that aims to make a difference every day. We are passionate about education and seeing young people grow and develop, and we want the same for our colleagues. If you join us, you will become part of a team that is a genuine family, committed to each other and to the students we serve.
LCIS is a co-educational, English language based, day school that welcomes nearly 450 students between 3 and 18 years old. Nestled in Switzerland amongst vineyards and fruit orchards, between Lac Léman and the Jura mountains, we are also within very easy commuting distance from Geneva and Lausanne. It is a truly great environment to live and work.
We offer our students unparalleled international learning experiences, including those inspired by our collaborations with Juilliard, MIT and UNICEF. Our customized curriculum offers our students the opportunity to follow an English, French or bilingual pathway leading to the internationally renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP), as well as discovering new skills, abilities and interest. It is in this dynamic environment that we invite you to apply to join our team:
Teacher of Science
100% – starting in August 2023
- Deliver the teaching and learning of science throughout the secondary school effectively
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and review of MYP/IGCSE/DP Science programmes
- Liaise with the curriculum leaders to ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Promote the health and safety of assigned classes
- Participate in professional development and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- Contribute to a programme of trips, excursions, fieldtrips and extracurricular activities
- Enhance the professional standing of the teaching body
- Contribute to the development of a positive attitude between Science and the wider community through cooperative relations, publications, competitions etc.
Qualifications and skills:
- Masters in Science and/or Qualified teacher status
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching with at least three years’ experience, ideally in an international environment
- Experience of teaching Chemistry at an IB Diploma and IGCSE level is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
- Be able to support student needs in learning and pastoral matters
- Clear criminal records
If you share our passion for education and would like to join our team, please apply directly online through our website.