Line Manager: Head of Summer Camp
Fixed Term Contract: +/- 6 weeks
Start Date: July 1st, 2023
Closing Date for Applications: March 31st, 2023
St George’s International School is seeking to appoint Summer Camp Staff to join us on July & August 2023 on an fixed term contract.
“Inspiring Academic Excellence Across 5 Continents”
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non- denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 3 months to 18 yrs.
Inspired offers a fresh and contemporary approach to education by re-evaluating traditional teaching methods and curriculums, and creating a more dynamic, relevant and powerful model reflecting current attitudes. We nurture the unique individuality, talent and self-assurance of each student, equipping them to take on the world with the skills and confidence to ensure success.
Our current portfolio of 70+ schools currently operates across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, with quick ongoing expansion foreseen. The group has grown exponentially since its founding 7 years ago and offers a unique opportunity to join a connected global community obsessed with a dedication to excellence.
We take great care when selecting new colleagues to join Inspired Education and hand pick every single role. We believe true excellence in education is only achieved through an inspiring and passionate team with whom are dedicated to supporting our schools to recruit and retain students by sustaining engaging and inspiring learning environments through our 3 pillars of: Performing and Creative Arts; Academics and Sport.
Professionalism, responsive teaching, specialist knowledge, strong planning, excellent qualifications and an outstanding personal reputation, are just few of the core requirements we look for when recruiting Inspired teaching staff.
For more information about us, please visit Inspired Schools - Premium Private Education (inspirededu.com)
St George's International School is a co-educational, independent school, accredited by CIS and located at the foot of the mountains and at the doorstep of the lake, the school offers a unique school setting at the heart of the Swiss Riviera with an extraordinary workplace environment.
Around 400 students between the ages of 18 months and 18 years are registered here (day students and boarders from age 10+ coming from more than 60 nationalities). Children are recognized as individuals with unique skills to celebrate and given tailored support and guidance at each stage of their school career. Our structure of Early Learning School, Junior School, Middle School and Senior School means that every year group works with professionals who specialize and enjoy working with the students in their care.
The unique St George’s philosophy and our formula for success are based to a large degree on the quality and depth of our International curricula (Cambridge Primary, Cambridge Lower, IGCSE & IB Diploma), cultural and sporting activities and especially our dynamic and creative teaching staff, fully recognizing that what goes on in the classroom between teacher and student strongly influences the success of the school.
“Be at the forefront of International Education”
When you join Inspired, you don’t just join a business. You become part of a unique global community of passionate professionals, with unrivalled access to extensive guidance, support and advice all focused on creating a culture of excellence in education.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find anywhere;
- Excellent resources;
- Excellent professional development within the Inspired group and a global network of over 70 schools to learn alongside;
- At the leading edge of independent school thinking;
- A culture of excellence;
- Network of opportunities;
- Competitive package;
- Lunches at the canteen offered to employees every day;
- Our campus is located at the foot of the mountains and at the gateway to the lake and offers a unique school setting in the heart of the Swiss Riviera.
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
Qualified teachers: Implement and deliver language, science, engineering, robotics and programming lessons in the mornings according to the age (4-18 years), ability and capacity of the students being taught, whilst maintaining the positive ethos and core values of the school, inside and outside the classroom, at all times. They are committed to excellence, continuous improvement, inspiration and enthusiasm. Possibility of accompaniment in sports activities/excursions. Leaders and/or Animators of sports activities: Supervising children in sports activities (lake or mountain) in the afternoons and ensuring their safety inside and outside the school. Help with the administration of the camp will be required in the morning. Boarding staff : To provide excellent pastoral care for the boarding students at the camp, including health, safety and discipline. Candidates are expected to participate fully in the life of the boarding school on the Camp by leading/organising activities in the evenings and assisting the boarding school team in supervising the children's bedtime.
In general, teaching staff will be responsible for the following:
- Teach students of all ranges and abilities;
- Ensure good supervision and discipline;
- Practitioner with exceptional drive and energy, committed to working and contributing to part of a dynamic team;
- High expectations of him or herself and his/her students and is committed to ensuring every student has a positive learning experience;
- Write reports as required by the school;
- Act as a role model for the students and as an ambassador for the school;
- Be a team player, relating well to colleagues and parents;
- Is internationally minded and supportive of our multilingual setting.
In general, the outdoor activities staff will be responsible for the following:
- Plan interesting, fun and worthwhile activities;
- Manage risk at an appropriate level during activities;
- Manage situations as they arise;
- Coordinate with drivers;
- Share photos and videos of activities;
- Record any first aid or health problems and report them to the school nurse;
- Record near misses and adjust procedures if necessary.
In general, the boarding staff will be responsible for the following:
- Provide excellent pastoral care for the camp's boarders, including health, protection and discipline;
- Ensure that all boarding procedures are correctly followed by staff on duty (signing in and out, meal times, bed times, medication and night procedures);
- Communicate with parents;
- Supervise the evening programme of activities;
- Be available in the event of an incident, fire, intrusion or other emergency;
- Be responsible for the collection and distribution of pocket money;
- Collect and retain valuables, passports and flight details from campers.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual responsibility undertaken may not be identified. The duties outlined above are not intended as a restrictive list and may be extended or altered to include other tasks that are commensurate with the role as directed Senior Management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Inspired Required Teaching Standards
A full outline of Teaching standards are available on request
- Able to set clear expectations and stretching goals
- Adaptable teaching style incorporating feedback
- A depth of understanding in the relevant subject area
- Ability to judge learning effectiveness
- Excellent preparation and planning
- Assessment of student outcomes and feedback to enhance performance
Genuine care and attention for the highest standards of student welfare
Skills and previous experience
- Experience with students in an educational institution.
- Confidence with use of ICT in teaching.
- Experiences with children in outdoor activities.
- Experience in a boarding school.
- Experience in team managing (head position).
- Previous experience in a performing international school/summer camp.
Qualifications and Accreditations
- University degree & certified teacher status.
- Qualified in outdoor activities (lake or mountain).
- Appropriate right to work in Switzerland.
Personal Competencies and Attributes
- An unwavering commitment to children’s development.
- Passionate, creative, dynamic & energic (good physical condition).
- Enthusiastic & motivating
- Resilient, proactive, calm & flexible.
- High level of organization.
- An excellent practitioner.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Team player.
- English speaker (C2).
- French or other language a plus.
- Good sense of humour.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application form https://stgeorges.campmanagement.com/p/register_staff_m.php
- Review and shortlist of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Interview with the Head of Summer Camp
Interviews are likely to take place via MS Teams or another virtual platform.
All applicants will be expected to provide some if not all of the following
(i) a supporting statement clearly outlining why they are interested in the position and school
(ii) a CV with their details and history of employment and achievements
(iii) at least two referees from a recent/current appointment.
Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.