The International School of Berne (ISBerne) has the following opening for the 2023/2024 school year:
IB MYP & IB DP Individuals and Societies Teacher and College Counsellor
starting August 2023
ISBerne is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located close to the Swiss Capital Berne. ISBerne aims for all students to be reflective and responsible life-long learners who are active global citizens. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and advocates a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISBerne is an authorized IB World school, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18), as well as the ISBerne Diploma.
The International School of Berne was founded in October 1961. The school is housed in a spacious purposebuilt campus which includes three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with a dedicated prep’ room, a big central library, subject dedicated classrooms and a large double gym.
ISBerne has an enrollment of approximately 250 students, representing around 50 nationalities, with 50 dedicated faculty and administration staff.
ISBerne seeks to appoint an IB MYP & IB DP Individuals and Societies Teacher and College Counsellor. The ability to teach DP Business Management and/or TOK may be an advantage. Value is placed on connecting with students and building caring professional relationships. The successful applicant will be an accomplished teacher with experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students. A commitment to promoting intercultural understanding and diversity are essential.
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Extensive College Counsellor experience
- At least 2 years of IB MYP and/or IB DP experience
- Strong communication skills in English
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European international school environment
- EU Passport
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits
- Open ended contract
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at the school cafeteria
- Moving/settling in allowance
- Visa fees paid
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, two from your previous two schools, one of which must be your current Head of School (referees will be contacted with your consent).
Interviews will be held via Zoom and/or face-to-face, as appropriate.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record/background checks.