The International School of Berne (ISBerne) has the following opening for the 2022/2023 school year:
MYP and DP English and Theatre Arts teacher (100%)
starting August 2022.
ISBerne is a dynamic, friendly and thriving school located close to the Swiss Capital Berne. ISBerne aims for all students to be reflective and responsible life-long learners who are active global citizens. The school ethos is based on the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and advocates a constructivist approach to teaching and learning.
ISBerne is an authorized IB World school, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP, ages 3-11), Middle Years Programme (MYP, ages 11-16) and Diploma Programme (DP, ages 16-18).
The International School of Berne was founded in October 1961. In April 2017, the school moved to a modern and spacious purpose-built campus which includes three brand new state-of-the-art science laboratories with a dedicated prep room, a big central library, subject dedicated classrooms and a large double gym.
ISBerne currently has an enrollment of 250 students representing around 50 nationalities, with over 50 dedicated faculty and administration staff.
ISBerne seeks to appoint a teacher of MYP and DP English and Theatre Arts. Applicants must have experience of teaching English Language and Literature and Theatre Arts. Applicants should be excited by the challenge of contributing to curriculum development and may be considered for a Subject Area Leader role.
The successful applicant will be an accomplished teacher with experience, enthusiasm and a passion for teaching which will inspire our students. S/he will also understand the importance of being part of a department team and the wider faculty.
- A desire to contribute to and foster a positive IB learning community
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Outstanding classroom practitioner and experience with external exam preparation
- Minimum of two years IB experience MYP and DP
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification
- Ability to contribute to curriculum development
- Ability to work as a team member within a department and in an interdisciplinary team
- An appreciation of working in a small school environment
- Experience working in a European international school environment
- Leadership experience
- EU Passport
Salaries and Benefits
- Nationally competitive salary and benefits
- Open ended contract
- Enhanced pension plan
- Subsidized lunches at the school cafeteria
- Moving/settling in allowance
- Visa fees paid
Please submit the following:
- A letter of motivation
- Full CV with photo
- Passport copy
- Contact details of three referees, one of which must be your current Head of School (referees will be contacted with your consent)
Interviews will be held via Zoom and/or face-to-face, as appropriate.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record/background checks.