Founded in 2008, La Côte International School is a co-educational, English language based, day school that welcomes nearly 420 students between 2 and 18 years old. Nestled between the vineyards and fruit orchards of Aubonne, Switzerland, La Côte International School (“LCIS”) is within easy commuting distance from Geneva and Lausanne-.
We offer our students unparalleled international learning experiences, inspired by our collaborations with Juilliard, MIT and UNICEF. Our customized curriculum offers our students the opportunity to follow an English, French or bilingual pathway leading to the internationally renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP).
It is in this dynamic environment that we invite you to join our team:
Primary Teacher (Year 6)
100% – 2-year contract – August 2022
- Deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for Y6 children, insuring that the individual needs and interests of each are met
- Participate in the design, development, implementation and review of the curriculum
- Ensure effective delivery of the curriculum to specified classes, including selecting resources and managing them efficiently in the classroom
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment enabling children to reach their potential
- Participate in professional development and contribute to regular staff training/meetings
- Contribute to a programme of trips, excursions, fieldtrips and extracurricular activities
- Enhance the professional standing of the teaching body
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor in Education, PGCE or equivalent
- Ability to teach music would be an asset
- Proven track record of excellence in teaching with at least five years’ experience, ideally in an international environment
- Experience of at least 3 years in teaching the above mentioned year group
- Be an organised, proactive and excellent communicator and team player
- Have the ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Be able to inspire mixed culture and ability classes, by creating challenging and engaging learning opportunities for all students
If you share our passion for education and would like to join our team, please apply directly online through our website.