The International School of Lausanne (ISL) is a leading not-for-profit, English language, International Baccalaureate (IB) World School. Our school is committed to excellence in education. We strive to recognise the unique potential of each student, and to equip them to play an active and responsible role in a complex, multicultural world. The school employs approximately 250 staff members on its campus where we welcome approximately 900 students from over 60 nationalities, from 3 to 18 years of age.
We are seeking for an experienced, proactive, and resourceful
Head of Admissions and Marketing
The Head of Admissions and Marketing reports to the Director, and is a member of the Operational Leadership Team (OLT). He or she will contribute to the strategic direction of the school, working on the promotion of our holistic and student-centred education, and raising the school’s reputation and presence both locally and internationally. The successful applicant will also ensure the execution of our admissions strategies and lead the development of our alumni programme.
The main responsibilities are:
Marketing and Communication
- Lead the development and execution of our marketing strategy for the school
- Promote and develop the school’s image and reputation to position ISL as the school of choice
- Lead, develop and deliver external communications, including developing effective social media marketing campaigns
- Ensure that internal communications are effective and coherent
- Identify potential new market opportunities and relationships
- Lead, coach and develop the Marketing & Communication team
- Manage campaigns aimed at generating leads and sales for our various initiatives (Open House, Holiday Camps, etc.)
- Lead and drive strategy to generate enquiries
- Oversee the admissions pipeline
- Develop key processes to guide prospective parents through a positive, engaging experience
- Maintain and further develop relationships with key stakeholders, such as relocation agents and local employers
- Ensure effective short and long term enrolment forecasting
- Lead the implementation of a relevant management information / CRM system
- Lead, coach and develop the Admissions team to deliver enrolment targets
- Lead overall alumni programme, from strategy definition to operational execution
- Ensure the development of positive alumni relations
- Oversee the development, planning and creation of events that provide a touch-point for all alumni age group
- Create new opportunities for alumni involvement and a sense of belonging
- Degree in Marketing, Business Studies, Hospitality Management, or relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years of Sales, Marketing and/or Admissions experience with a successful experience in a leadership role
- Experience in the education sector is an advantage
- Ability to think strategically and to plan effectively
- Excellent organisational and project management skills combined with a very hands-on approach
- Proficiency in French and English both oral and written (C1 minimum)
- Strong leadership skills with ability to build and motivate cross functional teams
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven ability to manage positive change and build a shared understanding
- Ability to build effective and mutually beneficial relationships that have a positive impact on the school development
- Good data analysis skills to support initiatives undertaken
- Experience of working with CRM systems or CRM implementation is a plus
- High level of cultural awareness and international mindedness
- Customer focused, flexible and pragmatic
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
Why join ISL?
Our school is a unique place. We are an organisation of a size where your work will have a direct impact on our community. We provide a multicultural environment where diversity is valued and in which every opinion counts. We are highly reflective on our practices and impact, and dedicated to the well-being of our staff and students.
Our staff members form a committed, hard-working, and passionate community. In return, we offer a rewarding, collaborative, and trusting work environment, an approachable leadership team, and a modern and spacious campus located at a stone’s throw from the centre of Lausanne.
We care for children
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all of its staff to share this commitment. A background check, including criminal records check and/ or police clearance, will be conducted on all successful applicants.
We value diversity
ISL is committed to being an inclusive employer that values diversity. This is reflected in our recruitment practices and in our Code of behaviour.
Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates having a Swiss/ EU citizenship or holding a Swiss work permit.
To apply, please submit the following documents by clicking here (please note that incomplete applications will not be processed):
- a resume/ CV
- copies of diplomas
- copies work certificates / reference letters (if any)
- copy of work permit (if applicable)