15th March 2014 in Bern, at the church hall, in Gümligen
Children's Wellbeing and Involvement in the Early Years
Speaker: Anne van Dam
It is to be in the form of a workshop, run by Anne van Dam, assistant principal of the International School of Zug. Anne hosted our last workshop on Outdoor Education and is an excellent speaker.
The details of the workshop are as follows:
- Children's wellbeing and involvement feature throughout our work alongside children and is the focus for the next ELFS workshop.
- The workshop centres around the idea that quality early years programmes should focus on children having a strong sense of wellbeing as it leads to children's learning that pays a strong foundation for life.
- Throughout the workshop we will explore how decisions around time, environments (both inside and outside), materials, interactions and relationships effect children's wellbeing and involvement.
- We will explore the fundamental importance of strong, caring relationships and seeing children as competent, unique individuals.
Other key questions to explore are:
- How important are partnerships with families?
- How do we ensure children experience a sense of belonging to the group?
- How do we support children with transitions?
- How do we build resilience in children?
- What do we mean by 'children as agents of their own learning' and what does this imply for our practice?
The cost will be between 40 and 50Sfr. for a full day workshop from 10 am till 3pm including coffee, croissants and lunch.
The maximum number of participants for this workshop will be 40.
Therefore I shall register people for the workshop on a "first come first served" basis.
Please let me know by email by 28th February if you or any of your colleagues are interested in attending (also stating the school you are from).
More details of the cost and the venue will follow for those who register for the meeting.