Are you a teacher who is seeking for a new challenge in the field of new technologies? Are you willing to teach technology and ICT to secondary students in accordance with French and English curricular? Within this multicultural environment, we are recruiting a:
Teacher of STEAM skills,technology and ICT
The Institut International de Lancy is a private international school offering high-quality teaching in English and French, geared to 21st Century skills. Over 1400 students attend the school in its French, English and Bilingual sections, from Nursery through to the French and International Baccalaurate.
- Teach technology and ICT to students in lower and upper secondary;
- Assist students aged 3 to 18 through STEAM projects, including Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics.
- Experience in teaching technology and ICT to students in lower and upper secondary;
- Perfect command of written and spoken French and English;
- Experience in design, technology and practical workshop skills;
- Strong work ethic, positive and proactive approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work independently and with the freedom to innovate;
- Appreciate and develop a cross-curricular working environment, drawing together a wide variety of subject areas, skills and staff;
- Be passionate about assisting students aged 3 to 18 in discovering and developing their potential through real-world project challenges;
- Have a keen interest in current research & development in the STEAM fields, and a keen enthusiasm to share your ideas;
- Understand and emphasise the direct and practical application of these skills to local and global issues, existing problems and innovative, creative ideas;
- Possess strong communication and collaboration skills and an ability to inspire students and staff with infectious enthusiasm for this work;
- Nurture an appreciation of technological ‘current affairs’ and be willing to share new and innovative ideas through teaching;
- Be willing to assist during holiday camps proposed by the Institute.
Type of contract: permanent
Rate of employment: 80-100%
Start date: 20th August 2020
Documents required to apply:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Diplomas and work certificates
- 2 references minimum
Documents to be provided at the time of employment:
Swiss or European passport, or valid work permit
Extracts of criminal record (classical and special)
28 février 2020
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.