The International School of Lausanne is a leading not-for-profit, English language, three programme International Baccalaureate World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. It strives to fulfil the unique potential of each student in a supportive and challenging holistic learning environment that prepares him or her for continuing education and an active and responsible role in a multicultural world. The school employs 160 employees on its campus where we welcome approximately 850 students from over 60 nationalities, from three to 18 years of age.
For our Secondary School, we are seeking to employ an inspirational
Teacher of Music (IB MYP and IB Diploma)
Full-time position from 1 August 2019
The role involves teaching IB MYP and IB Diploma music at 80% and coordinating the school’s instrumental music programme at 20% with support from an administrative staff member. There are currently 17 part-time instrumental music teachers school wide. The appointee will organise a number of music concerts and performances each academic year.
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- A recognized music teaching qualification at graduate or post-graduate level
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Programme is a strong asset
- Ideally three years of successful experience in secondary school music instruction
- Ability to inspire students to practise and perform music
- Ability to play and teach a variety of instruments; knowledge of the piano would be an advantage
- Ability to organize and successfully lead a variety of musical events
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact positively with students, colleagues and parents
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance; work experience in an international Commitment to excellence in education
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Full proficiency in English; any other language is a plus
This position is open for men and women. Due to work permit limitations, preference will be given to candidates holding a Swiss work permit or having Swiss/ EU citizenship.
- a cover letter
- a full CV/résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- details of three professional referees
Closing date: 10 May 2019
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees including at least one from the previous employer.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.