The International School of Lausanne is a leading not-for-profit, English language, three programme International Baccalaureate World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. It strives to fulfil the unique potential of each student in a supportive and challenging holistic learning environment that prepares him or her for continuing education and an active and responsible role in a multicultural world. The school employs 160 employees on its campus where we welcome approximately 850 students from over 60 nationalities, from three to 18 years of age.
For our Secondary School, we are seeking to employ an inspirational
MYP Digital Design and DP Computer Science Teacher
Full-time position from 1 August 2019
The successful candidate shall have experience of delivering and promoting computing and computational thinking skills. The role is expected to be split evenly between the MYP and DP programmes. The appointee will be teaching to Year 8 and Year 11-13 students.
- Planning, delivering and evaluating IB Diploma Computer Science and IB MYP Design (digital) lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Contributing to the School’s well-being programme as a homeroom teacher
- Contributing to the School’s after school activities programme in the area of coding and computer science
- Taking an active role in service learning
Qualifications and Qualities desired
- Computing related degree (ideally Computer Science) with a recognized teaching qualification at the graduate or post-graduate level
- Three years teaching experience in Digital Design and Computer Science at the secondary school level
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate programmes is a strong asset
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Innovative, enthusiastic and creative personality with strong numeracy skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish positive and supportive working relationships with young people
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
Preference will be given to a candidate with work experience in an international environment
To apply please submit the following documents to Schrole:
- a cover letter
- a full CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- details of three professional referees
Please note that we only accept applications sent via our online application system Schrole.
Closing date: 31 March 2019
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees including at least one from the previous employer.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.