The International School of Lausanne is a leading not-for-profit, English language, three programme International Baccalaureate World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. Our school is committed to excellence in education. It strives to fulfil the unique potential of each student in a supportive and challenging holistic learning environment that prepares him or her for continuing education and an active and responsible role in a multicultural world. The school employs 160 employees on its campus where we welcome approximately 850 students from over 60 nationalities, from three to 18 years of age.
For our Primary School, we are seeking to employ an inspirational
Teacher of French at 20%
One-year contract from 1 August 2019
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- Ability to teach French in the IB PYP Programme
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- A recognized teaching qualification at graduate or post-graduate level
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Ability to collaboratively plan with a variety of teams
- Ability to teach independently or in a co-teaching environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
Preference will be given to a candidate with work experience in an international environment
To apply please submit the following documents to Schrole:
- a cover letter
- a full CV/ résumé
- statement of educational philosophy
- details of three professional referees
Please note that we only accept applications sent via our online application system Schrole.
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees including at least one from the previous employer.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.