The School: The Obersee Bilingual School is a state-recognised private bilingual day school with a future-oriented and innovative bilingual (English / German 50:50) curriculum from Baby Care to the Upper School grades. OBS pupils are encouraged to ask, to research, to think independently and to take responsibility. Highly qualified teachers help maintaining the child's curiosity through contemporary teaching methods.
Our Upper School prepares motivated young people for the Swiss Matura and the IB Diploma with a goal-oriented approach with learning studio model. A well-balanced combination of shared and individual learning helps students to reach their full potential. Regular individual coaching by a teacher completes the supervision.
For the academic year 2019/20, in response to increasing demand and to add to our services, we are seeking a qualified, experienced and passionate
He / she advises and guides our students and their families on personal and social issues that can arise in school life affect learning.
The School Counselor:
- Promotes the competencies of children and young people to solve personal and / or social challenges
- Is goal orientated and works preventatively
- Advises and guides teachers in promoting constructive social behavior in groups and building intercultural competence
- works hand in hand with the parents and the various support systems of our school such as school psychologist and other external partners etc.
- Assures and supports the right of all children and adolescents to integration into school and society
- Advises and supports in child-protection cases.
What we require:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree and/or further advanced studies in School Counselling, Social Science or Psychology with relevant experience and knowledge of working in an educational environment
- Diagnostic, methodological and legal competencies as well as the ability to take on an advising role
- Resource-oriented attitude and excellent communication skills
- Straight forward and collaborative approach to teamwork
- Native English or German speaker with a good usable knowledge of German / English
- Flexibility, openness towards new ideas and passionate to work in a private school environment
- An attitude of international mindedness and lifelong learning.
What we offer:
- An innovative and international bilingual working environment
- An inspirational and supportive team
- Local and international professional development opportunities
- Motivated and passionate students as well as dedicated parents
- Possibility to contribute towards school development
- Flexible and attractive terms of employment.
Obersee Bilingual School
CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ
Phone +41 (0) 55 511 38 00
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.