The School: The Obersee Bilingual School is a state-recognised private bilingual day school with a future-oriented and innovative bilingual (English / German 50:50) curriculum from Baby Care to the Upper School grades. OBS pupils are encouraged to ask, to research, to think independently and to take responsibility. Highly qualified teachers help maintaining the child's curiosity through contemporary teaching methods.
Our Upper School prepares motivated young people for the Swiss Matura and the IB Diploma with a goal-oriented approach with learning studio model. A well-balanced combination of shared and individual learning helps students to reach their full potential. Regular individual coaching by a teacher completes the supervision.
For the school year 2019/20 we are looking for qualified and experienced Upper School teachers for the following subjects for secondary level (school years 7-13):
Biology 30% - Arts 40%
Lessons must be held in English.
What we require:
- Teaching diploma in the referring subject (Swiss Teaching Diploma or existing recognition at EDK)
- Teaching experience of Gymnasium level
- Souvereign class leadership and structured lesson organisation
- Mother-tongue English and excellent knowledge of the other language, German
- Respectful and problem solving- oriented communication. Enjoys cooperation with parents
- Flexibiltiy, ability to cope with pressure
- Identification with our school`s vision and values
- Good IT-knowledge, open-mindedness and willingness to learn modern educational technologies
- Appreciation of cultural diversity
- Willingness to take the responsibility for the students`academic and personal development
- Experience in immersion techniques
- Knowledge of IB education and its philosophy
- Interest in recent pedagogical research
- An innovative and international working environment
- An inspiring and supporting team in a respectful environment
- Small class sizes
- Opportunity to be part of the school development process
Obersee Bilingual School
CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ
Phone +41 (0) 55 511 38 00
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.