We are looking for an experienced, flexible and engaging educator with expertise in AP Chemistry and/or Biology.
You will teach three classes including AP Chemistry and/or AP Biology to prepare students for this advanced level during the academic morning hours, six days a week. You should also be comfortable teaching lower-level science class such as Biology and Chemistry. In the afternoon, you will offer an enrichment course which draws on additional skills and passions you possess.
Together with at least one other faculty member, you will lead a residential ‘family group’ in a boarding house. You will participate in and lead other aspects of community life, for example cleaning duty, community service groups, cultural festivals and celebrations, and outdoor activities including multi-day hikes.
1. Experience teaching AP or college-level Chemistry and/or Biology. Ability to expose students to good experimental design and common chemical laboratory techniques
2. Ability to teach a rigorous, laboratory-based science curriculum that will increase students’ abilities to create data, analyze data, and draw appropriate conclusions
3. Experience teaching small, mixed-ability groups from diverse language backgrounds using an inquiry-based instructional model and diversified instruction
4. Willingness to contribute to all other aspects of school life; experience in a student-support role
5. Ability to provide detailed written and verbal feedback on student progress, rather than relying on grades
6. Experience teaching a specialist subject in one or more of creative arts, sport, outdoor education, technical skills, handcrafts and/or experience in student academic support/tutoring
7. English fluency, written and spoken
1. Ability to teach other science-related courses or other subject areas. Experience incorporating natural settings into instruction
2. Experience in a boarding setting
3. Outdoor education qualifications (especially hiking, climbing, first aid)
4. Ability to supervise students completing college-level extended research projects, and teach research skills
5. Familiarity with German language
For more information please visit www.ecole.ch
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.