We are looking for an experienced, flexible and engaging high school math teacher with expertise in all levels of high school math, including Algebra, Geometry, Precalculus, and Calculus. Ability to teach in other subject areas, such as introductory-level sciences or economics is also desirable.
You will teach three of the above classes during the academic morning hours, six days a week, and afternoon enrichment classes according to the additional skills and passions you bring to the school.
Together with at least one other faculty member, you will lead a residential ‘family group’ in a boarding house. You will participate in and lead other aspects of community life, for example cleaning duty, community service groups, cultural festivals and celebrations, and outdoor activities including multi-day hikes.
1. Experience teaching math to small, mixed-ability groups from diverse language backgrounds using an inquiry-based instructional model and diversified instruction
2. Willingness to contribute to all other aspects of school life; experience in a student-support role
3. Ability to provide detailed written and verbal feedback on student progress, rather than relying on grades
4. Experience teaching a specialist subject in one or more of creative arts, sport, handcrafts, outdoor education, technical field and/or experience in student academic support/tutoring
5. English fluency, written and spoken
1. Ability to teach introductory math and math-related subjects, such as statistics
2. Outdoor education experience and certification (hike leader, first aid, climbing, etc.)
3. Experience in a boarding school setting
4. Familiarity with German language
For more information please visit www.ecole.ch
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.