We are looking for an experienced, flexible and engaging educator with expertise in the field of English or Humanities (experience teaching AP courses strongly desired). Your approach to instruction should ask students to think critically about controversial moral, social, and political issues, examining their own values, as well as recognizing diverse perspectives.
You will teach three courses during the academic morning hours, six days a week, and afternoon enrichment classes according to the additional skills and passions you bring to the school.
Together with at least one other faculty member, you will lead a residential ‘family group’ in a boarding house. You will participate in and lead other aspects of community life, for example cleaning duty, community service groups, cultural festivals and celebrations, and outdoor activities including multi-day hikes.
1. Experience teaching English and/or topics in a Humanities setting
2. Experience teaching small, mixed-ability groups from diverse language backgrounds using an inquiry-based instructional model and diversified instruction
3. Willingness to contribute to all other aspects of school life, and experience in a student support role
4. Ability to provide detailed written and verbal feedback on student progress, rather than relying on grades
5. Experience teaching a specialist subject in one or more of creative arts, sport, handcrafts and/or experience in student academic support/tutoring
6. English fluency, written and spoken
1. The ability to employ literary circles, seminars, lively discussion, and writing workshops effectively in the classroom
2. Ability to teach Psychology, Geography, Government, History, and/or Economics at an introductory level
3. TESOL or TEFL certification and ability to teach English as a Foreign Language or social studies themes for English Language Learners
4. Ability to teach an AP course in English or Social Studies
5. Outdoor education (hike leader) certification
6. Ability to supervise students completing college-level extended research projects, and teach research skills
7. Familiarity with German language
For more information please visit www.ecole.ch
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.