We are looking for an experienced, flexible and engaging assistant dean of academics with knowledge and experience with American high school diploma programs. Your experience should demonstrate an understanding of a typical high school curriculum progression with the ability to think creatively about how to engage student interests and passions while still meeting core requirements for attainment of a diploma and college or university admission.
You will work together with the dean of academics to set the trimester master schedule and individual student schedules. You will maintain an advisee caseload, communicating regularly with students and teachers to set goals, track student progress and growth, and advise on next steps.
You may be asked to help plan and lead faculty professional development You will also teach one or two academic courses in our morning hours according to your experience and interest. Similarly, you will offer afternoon enrichment classes according to the additional skills and passions you bring to the school.
Together with at least one other faculty member, you will lead a residential ‘family group’ in a boarding house. You will participate in and lead other aspects of community life, for example cleaning duty, community service groups, cultural festivals and celebrations, and outdoor activities including multi-day hikes.
1. Experience working in a high school diploma program
2. Ability to build rapport with students and to make the connections necessary to guide students through their academic journey
3. Ability to teach courses in an academic subject at an introductory or higher level to small, mixed-ability groups from diverse language backgrounds using an inquiry-based instructional model and diversified instruction
4. Willingness to contribute to all other aspects of school life, and experience in a student support role
5. Experience teaching a specialist subject in one or more of creative arts, sport, handcrafts and/or experience in student academic support/tutoring
6. English fluency, written and spoken
1. Outdoor education (hike leader) certification
2. Ability to supervise students completing college-level extended research projects, and teach research skills
3. Familiarity with German language
For more information please visit www.ecole.ch
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.