We are seeking a qualified, experienced and passionate educator with immediate effect to assume the role of a
Learning Support Teacher (min. 40%)
Initially, a contract for this current academic year will be issued with a possibility of permanent employment starting in the 2019/20 academic year.
SEN (Special Educational Needs) teachers at OBS take responsibility for the academic and social development of their students. We expect an active role in the school community as well as the willingness to teach the students in close collaboration with the teachers and within a larger team. Furthermore, we expect readiness for further education and lifelong learning, participation in school boards and school development.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree (opr equicalent) with a qualification as a Learning Support teacher at primary level
- Experience working with students who have the following needs: Dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD etc.
- Native English speaker with basic understanding of German or willingness to partake in language courses
- Experience with student diagnistics nd benchmarking
- Ability to work collaboratively and empathetically within the department, class teachers and parents
- Active participation in committees, meetings, professional development and school community events
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Independence and the ability to handle stressful situations and the conflicting demands of the school community
- Adaptability, flexibility, openness towards new ideas – willingness to work in a private school environment
- A commitment to integrating technology into lessons on a daily basis
- Loyalty and commitment to the school and its vision, assuming a role model function in the sense of the OBS values universe
- An attitude of international mindedness and lifelong learning – a commitment to continuous professional development
What we desire:
- Familiarity with our curricula, Lehrplan 21 and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- Teaching experience at various levels
- Regular professional development relevant to the work of a Special Educational Needs (SEN) specialist
What we offer:
- An innovative and international bilingual working environment
- Competitive working conditions and a supportive and inspiring team
- A committed and supportive senior leadership team
- Local and international professional development opportunities and Advancement opportunities
- An opportunity to contribute towards school development
Empowering children to face the complex challenges of the future
Obersee Bilingual School
CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ
Phone +41 (0) 55 511 38 00
Obersee Bilingual School (OBS) is a state-approved private bilingual day school providing a future-oriented and innovative bilingual (English/German 50:50) curriculum from Babycare age through to Upper School. Our Primary School combines competences from Lehrplan 21 – the Swiss National Curriculum – with learning goals of the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). A clear learning process and set learning goals enable students to be appropriately challenged. OBS students are encouraged to enquire, discover, explore and to think deeply. Through a combination of collaborative learning and individual work, the learning environment aims to support and improve learning, foster curiosity and challenge learners to achieve their fullest potential.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.