The International School of Lausanne is seeking a
High School Principal
from 1 August 2019
The International School of Lausanne is a leading non-profit, English language, three programme IB World School set in the French speaking part of Switzerland. We welcome students from three to 18 years of age, from over 60 nationalities, into a supportive environment that is intellectually stimulating and responsive to our students’ changing physical, social and emotional needs.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and experienced High School leader whose vision, commitment, and enthusiasm for teaching and learning will guide the High School in maintaining and developing a strong intellectual, physical, social and emotional foundation for our students.
For further details, please refer to the School information and position description on our website www.isl.ch/employmentopportunities
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- Commitment to excellence in education
- A recognized teaching qualification at graduate or post-graduate level
- A proven track-record as a successful teacher and international educational leader
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the educational philosophies of the International Baccalaureate programmes and the ISL Mission and Aims
- Ability to give clear, strong leadership and support in all areas of the curriculum and pastoral care
- Ability to think strategically and to analyse and solve complex issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance
- Understanding of and sensitivity to gender issues in education
- Commitment to service learning
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
- Preference will be given to a candidate with educational leadership experience in an international environment.
To apply please submit the following documents to Schrole :
- a covering letter
- a full CV/résumé with photograph
- statement of educational philosophy
- details of three professional referees
We only accept applications sent via our online application system Schrole.
Closing date: Monday 20 August 2018. Initial Skype interviews will be in the week of Monday 3 September with the final candidates invited to the school at the end of September.
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records
report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy
to actively seek confidential references for all new employees including at least one from the previous
ISL is an IB World School, accredited by the Council of International Schools
and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.