ISL Secondary School is seeking a
Teacher of MYP and DP Mathematics
Full-time permanent position from 1 August 2018
Qualifications and Qualities Required
- Ability to teach mathematics across the entire secondary school age range (11 – 18 years-old)
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate programmes
- A recognized teaching qualification at graduate or post-graduate level
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons which stimulate and motivate students to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to cultural variance
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour
- Ability to meet high expectations of students, colleagues and a professional parent community
- Excellent ICT skills and a knowledge of their effective use to support pedagogy
- Commitment to self-reflection and professional development
Preference will be given to a candidate with work experience in an international environment.
To apply please submit the following documents to Schrole:
- a covering letter
- a full CV/résumé with photograph
- statement of educational philosophy
- details of three professional referees
We only accept applications sent via our online application system Schrole.
Closing date: Sunday 31 December 2017
Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Young People
The International School of Lausanne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All employees are required to undertake a security clearance. This takes the form of a criminal records report and a special excerpt from Swiss criminal records for those working with children. It is school policy to actively seek confidential references for all new employees including at least one from the previous employer.
ISL is an IB World School, accredited by the Council of International Schools
and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.