John F. Kennedy International School
8th January – 23rd March 2018
Why work for John F. Kennedy International School?
Education is the most important gift we can give to our children. Here at JFK, we ensure that we combine challenging and enriching experiences with academic rigour and creative opportunities. We offer a unique, family-oriented, educational environment where all students are motivated to fully develop their talents and skills.
We want our students to explore all the opportunities that are available to them. We strive to ensure that the academic achievements of our students are the best they can be, and here in Saanen, we draw from the opportunities afforded by our beautiful location to enrich the education we provide.
Whether it is in the classroom, on the sports field, on the piste or whilst participating in an expedition, we want our students to reach goals higher than they ever thought possible. In having high expectations of our students, they learn to have high expectations of themselves.
We are committed to continuing the ethos which has become synonymous with JFK, and to ensure we instill a lifelong love of learning in each and every student.
Homeroom: General Responsibilities
- To be the parallel homeroom teacher for Y2/Y3.
- To be present during each morning Homeroom Welcome session which takes place in the 15 minutes preceding the start of class.
- To update the electronic register each morning and to monitor absences and late arrivals.
- To collaborate with the permanent Y2/Y3 homeroom teacher to ensure similar learning experiences for Y2/Y3 throughout the Winter term
- To set weekly homework in line with the JFK Homework policy
- To be responsible, in consultation and collaboration with the School Director and the appropriate members of staff, for monitoring the well being, behaviour and academic progress of every student in the class.
- To liaise with/inform the subject teachers and School Director about any issue concerning a student.
- To inform parents about any issues, after consultation with the School Director.
- To check the homeroom students’ end of term reports for spelling errors or anomalies of level/attainment.
- To write a comment for each child, summarizing the report and the term’s progress.
- To teach English and Mathematics to Y2 and Y3 according to the Medium Term plans prepared by the permanent Y2/Y3 homeroom teacher.
- To teach the designated IPC Units to Y2/Y3, incorporating the learning areas of Science and Humanities
- To integrate the teaching of ICT across the curriculum and to teach short sessions of specific ICT skills, relevant and useful to this age group.
- To support the permanent Y2/Y3 homeroom teacher in leading the Unit-related excursions
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Working in a ‘Small School with a Big Heart’ with a team of innovative and international staff.
- The opportunity to actively participate and contribute in the educational development of the school.
- Additional benefits (e.g. pension scheme contribution, private accident insurance coverage, fresh and healthy lunch prepared by our Chef, etc).
Interested in joining our JFK family?
John F. Kennedy International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be subject to an criminal check and reference checks.
SGIS do not accept CV's. For information on vacancies advertised or queries about positions available in Switzerland please contact schools directly. Please send your CV to the relevant school site.