The mission of the SGIS is to support our member schools in achieving their educational goals. A lot of the support we offer comes in the form of helping the schools to access professional development; through the annual conference, professional development groups and inter-school communications. We recently conducted a 'relevance survey' and the findings emphasized just how much our schools value this element of the organisation. For this reason, the board has decided to employ someone, on a part time basis, to improve the communication between schools regarding professional development.
The role of SGIS Professional Development Coordinator will include:
- Maintaining an up to date contact list for those responsible for PD in SGIS schools.
- Developing an annual calendar of PD events across SGIS schools.
- Gathering data on PD interests, patterns and trends, in order to advise the board on topics for future SGIS conferences.
- Reporting to member schools at the SGIS AGM.
- Managing the SGIS PD fund, assessing applications and updating the SGIS website to show funded events.
- Maintaining a list of current PD groups and their contact information.
- Assisting in the launch and management of the SGIS PD Application, currently in development.
The estimated annual time allocation would be about 80 hours and the role carries with it a 3000 chf per year stipend. In addition, travel costs to the AGM and attendance at the SGIS conference, will be included.
Last date for applications is October 31st, 2018.