May 21, 2016 at ZIS Lower School
Dear SGIS Schools,
For a number of years, ECIS has sponsored a Math Quest competition among European international schools for fifth grade students - usually held in the Spring.
Zurich International School (ZIS) has long been a participating school. While we plan to remain participants in the Europe-wide competition, we are initiating a similar competition closer to home to allow more of our students to participate and gain from the experience, albeit on a smaller scale.
Therefore, ZIS Lower School is hosting a Math Quest competition for SGIS schools on May 21, 2016 and you’re invited to participate!
- each school may register up to 2 teams to compete
- teams are comprised of 4 students who are 11 or younger on the date of the competition
- teams are responsible for own transportation to and from ZIS Lower School
- teams are responsible for their own lodging if required before the competition date
ZIS will provide snacks and lunch on the day.
- tournament runs from 9:30 - 17:00 on Saturday
- mix of individual math challenges, team challenges, a Math Trail (practical and outdoors application of math) and a construction challenge
- scores are tallied throughout the competition and prizes for teams are awarded in the closing ceremonies
If this is something your school might be interested in, here is a more detailed Math Quest Description.
Registration is open and we will take the first 11 teams that register. The cost of registration per team is 260 CHF. Each team includes 4 students and 1 or 2 coaches.
The fee includes:
- snacks & drinks throughout the day for all kids & coaches
- lunch (sandwiches) for all kids & coaches
- all necessary materials required for the competition (paper, pencils, construction materials etc.)
- t-shirts for all kids
- prizes for winners
If you would like more information, please contact one of our SGIS Math Quest Coordinators below.
Viki Stiebert, Lower School Principal