The next ELFS session is to be held in Bern at the church hall in Gümligen on Saturday, 21st May. We will begin at 10.30 am and we will finish at approx. 3.00 p.m. (Lunch will be provided)
There will be 2 workshop sessions:
The first will be run by Julie Abery, entitled:
Building language with song and melody in the early years classroom :
Songs are fun, but they have a practical purpose too. This presentation will explore the use of story and song in the classroom in three distinct areas.
1) Transitions: How we use songs to signal these in the classroom
2) Singable books: How to add a new dimension to some favourite picture books and nursery rhymes
3) Multilingual: How musical activities for our favourite books can translate perfectly into other languages (English/French)
The second, after lunch, will be run by Rebecca Reese.
This workshop, for classroom teachers, deals with three aspects of voice and early childhood.
1) How can I help young children to match pitch and sing in tune?
2) How do I choose an appropriate key for songs, neither too high nor too low, so that the majority of children in a class can sing most of the notes in a song?
3) How can I use and take care of my own voice, so that I am not hoarse at the end of a teaching day?
The cost will be approx. 40 Sfr per person, depending on the number of attendees and possible funding from SGIS.