Hosted by The International School of Zug and Luzern, Zug Campus, March 9th and 10th, 2012
Transforming Assessment through Collaboration and Creativity
"There are two ways of being creative. One can sing and dance. Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish" - Warren Bennis, Scholar and Author
Teachers are called upon to create positive environments for students and ensure a dynamic interaction of learning engagements with continuous assessment of their progress through the journey of intellectual and emotional development. Formative-,Informative-, Transformative- …all these words are used in the lexicon of educational research and practice to capture the essence of the feedback loop as we gather information to best guide our students’ learning.
The 2012 SGIS conference, hosted by the International School of Zug and Luzern, will feature world-renowned speakers Art Costa, Carol Ann Tomlinson, Bill Lishman, Bambi Betts , Dr Bill Rogers and Pascale Hertay, focusing upon the importance of creativity and collaboration when transforming the assessment paradigm in schools.
Join your colleagues for two days of high quality keynote and breakout sessions that will stimulate, provoke and transform your perspectives on the importance of assessment in education.
Arthur L. Costa
- Engaging and sustaining metacognition
- Assessment stategies for self-directed learning
- Assessing the quality of classroom questions
- Habits of mind in the secondary school | Powerpoint format
- Five thoughts for a more thought-full curriculum
These are PDFs in A4 format and are 'typewriter enabled', which means they can be written in.
- It is important to ether print out the materials or download them and bring your laptop. These are interactive materials we will use during the workshop session.
- The PDF can be written in, should you choose to download and not print.
- Context is everything...
- All About Feedback
- How Can We Best Evaluate Learning?
- Why Rethink Assessment?