The Swiss Group of International Schools actively supports the continuous improvement of its member schools by creating opportunities for collaboration and connection.
The following are excerpts from the Articles of the Organization.
The Swiss Group of International Schools (SGIS) is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to:
- promote closer links among teachers, administrators, and students of its member schools;
- promote professional development for teachers and administrators;
- provide opportunities for arranging educational, cultural, and sporting activities among member schools;
- provide a forum for the sharing of educational resources;
- represent the concerns of international schools in Switzerland to local and federal authorities;
- cooperate and maintain professional contacts with other regional and international educational bodies and associations.
SGIS promotes the following activities:
Conferences/Workshops: Conferences and workshops shall be held regularly during each academic year.
Sports: To promote inter-school sports competition at every level, the SGIS Sports Committee, composed of the member schools' Sports or Athletic Directors, shall be established. The SGIS Sports Committee shall recommend the appointment of one of its members as the SGIS Sports Coordinator to the Executive Committee.
Standing Committees: To support and promote the purposes of the SGIS, Standing Committees may be created at the discretion of the Executive Committee.